Red Corals are the red to pinkish red color skeleton of marine corals. Corals are the marine invertebrates which are found in tropical or semi-tropical water and seas. Red Corals are also called Corallium Rubrum.
Other Names: Moonga, Pavlam, Pavizham, Rakt-Prabal.
Mineral: Calcium Carbonate
Chemical Composition: CaCO3
Hardness on Moh's Scale of 10: 3.5 to 4.0.
Specific Gravity: 2.65
Relative Density: 3.86
Popular Origins: Italy, Japan, Australia, India.
Popular names of Red Coral: Italian Red Corals, Desi Moonga (Low quality Italian corals traded in India).
Which is the Best Substitute For Red Coral?
Carnelian, Bloodstone are considered to be the best substitute for Red Coral gemstone. From astrological point of view substitute gemstone takes more time for their effect.
Astrological Significance (Who should wear Red Coral): Red Coral has the warmth, color and courage of the planet Mars. In vedic astrology, Red Coral is associated with the planet Mars (Mangal). People born in the Lagna of Mars i.e. Aries (Mesh) & Scorpio (Vrishchik) should wear a Red Coral for a life time. Apart from this, people with Lagna Cancer (Kark), Leo (Simha) and Sagittarius (Dhanu) & Pisces (Meen) signs can also wear Red Coral gemstone.
Red Coral Benefits:
- Red Coral is considered to give energy, enthusiasm & ability to work hard to its wearer.
- It is best suitable for people occupied with work related to land like real estate owners, builders, field laborers, etc.
- It can also cure blood related issues and hypertension.
How to wear Red Coral Gemstone?
Best Weight (in carat or ratti): Red Coral is a precious gemstone. Every gemstone, when worn for astrological purpose, need to adapt to the body mass of the person. Therefore, it is considered good to wear the gemstone more than 1/12th carat of the body weight of the person. For example, if a person weighs 60kgs, he/she should wear minimum 5 carat (5.5 ratti) [60 / 12 = 5]. In case of low quality Red Corals or Desi Moonga, one should divide the body weight by 10, i.e. he/she should wear minimum 6 carat [60 / 10 = 6].
Best Metal(s): Red Coral should preferably be worn in Copper, Panchadhatu, or Silver. Gold can be avoided for Red Coral (Unless specified by your astrologer).
On which finger to wear: Red Coral gemstone is considered to be most effective when worn in the ring finger (Anamika) of active hand (For right-handed people, active hand is right hand and vice-versa).
When to wear: Best time to wear the Red Coral gemstone is during sunrise of a Tuesday which falls between Ashtami tithi of Shukla Paksha (8th day the Waxing moon period) and Ashtami tithi of Krishna Paksha (8th day of wanning moon period).
What is the procedure For Wearing Red Coral (Moonga)?
- On the selected day & time to wear your Red Coral, take your ring or pendant studded with the Red Coral and place it in a clean and empty bowl.
- Now, add Panchadravyas (Five Sacred Elements) in the following pattern one by one to the bowl – Starting with: GANGA JAL (Holy Water), TULSI LEAVES (Basil leaves), MILK, HONEY & GHEE (Butter). Mix them together in the bowl with your finger and keep the bowl in front of you.
- Close your eyes and recite the Mantra "Om Kraam Kreem Kraum Sah Bhaumaaye Namah:" 108 times and pray to the Mangal Bhagwan (Lord Mars) to give you the strength, energy & prosperity.
- Open your eyes and take the ring out of the bowl. Dip it in another bowl of clean water and soak it with a cotton cloth piece and wear it.
Note: Please do not throw the mixture of Panchadravya in dump. Rather, pour it in a flowerpot or Plant pot as this mixture is considered a good fertilizer too.
For more details related to Red Coral, please visit our blog section.