Yellow Sapphire is a pale yellow to deep yellow color gemstone which is a part of the mineral Corundum. It gets its yellowish shade of color due to the presence of copper mineral ions in the main mineral Aluminum Oxide (Corundum) It is one of the precious gemstones in the earth's crust and is used extensively in astrological uses.
Other Names: Pukhraj, Pushparaj, Pushyaragam, Peet Pukhraj.
Chemical Composition: Al2O3
Hardness on Moh's Scale of 10: 9.0
Specific Gravity: 3.95 to 4.03
Refractive Index: 1.76 to 1.77
Popular Origins: Sri Lanka, Thailand, Madagascar, Myanmar, India.
Which is the Best Substitute For Yellow Sapphire?
Citrine, Yellow Beryl, Yellow Topaz, Yellow Onyx are considered to be best substitute for Yellow Sapphire gemstone. From astrological point of view a substitute gemstone take more time to show its effect.
Astrological Significance (Who should wear Yellow Sapphire): Yellow Sapphire is associated with the planet Jupiter (Brihaspati). According to the vedic astrology, People born in the Lagna of Jupiter i.e. Sagittarius (Dhanu) & Pisces (Meen) should wear a Yellow Sapphire for life time. Apart from this, people with Lagna Aries (Mesh), Cancer (Kark), Leo (Simha) & Scorpio (Vrishchik) signs can also wear Yellow Sapphire gemstone.
Yellow Sapphire Benefits:
- Yellow Sapphire is considered to be the stone for improving relationships, getting blessings from the God, and for accumulating wealth.
- It bestows knowledge, intelligence & ethics to the wearer.
- It is also used by crystal healers for liver & stomach related diseases.
- Yellow Sapphire is also considered to be worn by people suffering from delays or problems related to marriage (especially in case of female natives).
How to wear Yellow Sapphire?
Best Weight (in carat or ratti): Yellow Sapphire is a precious gemstone. Every gemstone, when worn for astrological purpose, need to adapt to the body mass of the person. Therefore, it is considered good to wear the gemstone more than 1/12th carat of the body weight of the person. For example, if a person weighs 60kgs, he/she should wear minimum 5 carat (5.5 ratti) [60 / 12 = 5]. In case of low quality Yellow Sapphires, one should divide the body weight by 10, i.e. he/she should wear minimum 6 carat [60 / 10 = 6].
Best Metal(s): Yellow Sapphire should preferably be worn in Gold & Panchadhatu.
On which finger to wear: Yellow Sapphire gemstone is considered to be most effective when worn in the index finger (Tarjani) of active hand (For right-handed people, active hand is right hand and vice-versa).
When to wear: Best time to wear the Yellow Sapphire gemstone is during sunrise of a Thursday which falls between Ashtami tithi of Shukla Paksha (8th day the Waxing moon period) and Ashtami tithi of Krishna Paksha (8th day of wanning moon period).
What is the Procedure For Wearing Yellow Sapphire?
- On the selected day & time to wear your Yellow Sapphire, take your ring or pendant studded with the Yellow Sapphire and place it in a clean and empty bowl.
- Now, add Panchadravyas (Five Sacred Elements) in the following pattern one by one to the bowl – Starting with: GANGA JAL (Holy Water), TULSI LEAVES (Basil leaves), MILK, HONEY & GHEE (Butter). Mix them together in the bowl with your finger and keep the bowl in front of you.
- Close your eyes and recite the Mantra "Om Graam Greem Graum Sah Guruve Namah:" 108 times and pray to the Brihaspati Dev (Lord Jupiter) to give you the knowledge, wisdom and blessings.
- Open your eyes and take the ring out of the bowl. Dip it in another bowl of clean water and soak it with a cotton cloth piece and wear it.
Note: Please do not throw the mixture of Panchadravya in dump. Rather, pour it in a flowerpot or Plant pot as this mixture is considered a good fertilizer too.
For more details related to Yellow Sapphire, please visit our Blog Section.